Monday, February 16, 2009

I Want to Play!


As a side note, this photo will be part of a photo story I am planning to tell about one of my favorite Spring rites of passage - The Birth of the Daffodils.

My friend over at Knittin' Peace suggested I look at Poetry and Hums' challenge to write a flower haiku. I decided that writing a poem was a game I want to play!

Here's mine entitled: Daffodil Spring

emerging pushing
from frozen layers of earth
yellow petals breathe


Do you Haiku?

Do you want to write one too?

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, I like that one! Like the birth of spring itself. And I can see those daffodils popping up in the picture. Hurry up, Spring! Thanks for playing.

Echoes in Ink said...

I love the haiku! Haiku is my second favorite type of poetry and yours was awesome! I am making a post tomorrow, so I may include a haiku or two on my blog and totally steal the idea too...

Sparks of illumination,
Catey

Denise said...

yellow petals breath... oh to breath that first life breath.

Vessel said...

wishing hoping
if poetic words would come
little haiku talent

:) I'm too clever!

Robin said...

I see those little daffodil noses!!!
I'm not-so-patiently for my own little noses to start showing themselves around here.

Anonymous said...

I'm forty today,
But wonder which to call it:
Velvet or diamond?

Anonymous said...

I am a goofball.
This much I know to be true.
It comes from my Mom.

Michelle said...

Bravo! Now I know that you are a poet too!

Here's my attempt to Haiku:

Title: Morning Gift
cherry blossoms bloom
petals of velvet so pink
kiss the morning sun

That was fun!

Michelle said...

Shirin, thanks for the nice comments on my blog.

P.S. I do!