Monday, June 23, 2008

More Stuff About Julie

Julie will stand between me and a live bear commanding me to "BE QUIET!" and shove me to get back.

Julie has never seen a live bear except at the zoo. I have.

Julie forgets to take her blood sugar levels.

Julie knows how to change the time on my son's digital watch and knows how to tell me to program my cell phone. Julie is tech savvy.

Julie doesn't get hot and sweaty like I do.

Julie doesn't get hungry as often as I do.

Julie will criticize you if you break out in Karen Carpenter tunes while on the trail.

Julie doesn't complain.

When in doubt, Julie prays!

Julie doesn't grumble while hanging on the side of a cliff waiting to get the top of Half Dome. I do.

Julie wants to go to the edge of a cliff and look over. Crazy woman.

Julie walks faster during the second part of the day. I, however, walk slower during the second part of the day.

Julie refrains from making the sick jokes I am thinking of when we see the naked guy at the river pulling on his swim trunks.

Julie doesn't say, "Hi," to the naked guy. I do.

Julie has never seen a naked guy pulling on his swim trunks at the side of a river.

I admit, neither had I, until yesterday.

A memorable day.

3 comments:

Vessel said...

One "bear" was all I was capable of protecting you from. The second "bear" person put me over the top.
Whooo Hoooooo! We did it! I know I have repeated that over and over, but it is finally sinking in.
btw---I do get sweaty.

Denise said...

i love both these posts! you so got julie.
you made it! i would freak at the cables, i couldn't do...no i would've freaked at the bear, i would've turned back.
but i am surprised that julie didn't break out in Karen Carpenter song with you "we've only just begun to live..."

Unknown said...

I am so proud of both of you! I would have said hi to the naked guy, too....asked him how the water was. You know...the usual!