Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Well Pleased

They did it. Mom had to admit that she couldn’t do it. No. It was a job for Dad. Taking his son to the highest heights on the slipperiest slopes and making a mountain out of a man. Okay. So he’s not a man yet, but he did something today he will add to resume of great accomplishments... and he did it with his dad.

Evan hiked Half Dome.

This blog belongs on my Schneider’s Climbing Mountains “Brag” Blog but since no one has commented on my super cool and very first slideshow, (I think I made a technical glitch making it impossible to view) I am leaving my own accomplishments there and bragging about Evan here. Enjoy my second slideshow below (which is better than my first) and thank God along with me for a marvelous, wonderful and terrific 13 year old son who is growing up to be a fine young man.

I am very proud of my son. I am a Mom who is Well Pleased.

5 comments:

Vessel said...

They have moved into the Half-Dome club.
Well done Gentlemen!!!

Unknown said...

Oh man! Oh man! OH MAN! Our boy is a MAN!!!! Is it possible to bean as large as his mama and be just as proud. I don't know, but I am absolutely bursting at the seams with pride!!! He is an amazing young MAN!!!!! I pray this is symbolic of the mountain of faith he will climb his whole life!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I am so proud of him!!! I can't believe he's getting so old! We need to visit so I can compare heights!

Mark said...

Way to go Joe and Evan. That's a huge climb-- and I'm sure more will come. I happy for you guys that you can make the most of living in such great hiking country. Scale the heights, gentleman!
Mark Lauer

Anonymous said...

Great hiking,great courage, great faith, great father-son accomplishment! I love to see the Schneider accomplishments. Keep them coming as you keep your eyes on God.