Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Are you a Fan Of Christmas Cards? I am!


What happened to the years between 1998 and 2000?

I have no idea. It’s perplexing.

In several moves I have lost :
A box of lovey letters Joe had written me while we were dating.
A standing FLOOR lamp.... yes a great big lamp!
and I can’t believe it but, I lost the years 1998, 1999 and 2000!

I have 1997’s Christmas Cards. I have everything between 2001 and 2007, what happened to the rest? I guess I won’t know ‘til I get to Heaven.

Losing the Lovey Letters was heartbreaking. Losing the Floor Lamp was a bummer. But gosh darn it, I always meant to do something with those Christmas Cards!

Since you can’t cry over spilled milk or lost things, I want to share what I think is a great idea. In good conscience, I can not brag about a good idea without admitting that I stole the good idea. In fact, I have few good ideas of my own so if you observe me having a good idea, ask me who I got it from. Here, the credit goes to my Sister-in-Love, Mary, who is a good resource for people like me who are in desperate need of good ideas. Mary showed me what I needed to do with all my Christmas Cards that I had not yet lost, and is the Queen of THIS good idea.

The (drum roll please)....... Christmas Card Fan!

To make a Christmas Card Fan you need Christmas Cards and some Christmas letters, too. Mount them on black cardstock and hold them together with a ring. Simple. It’s fun to see how families have grown. It’s fun to recall the history you have with people.
Year 2001 - a cute couple
Year 2002 - still a cute couple
Year 2003 - an ecstatic couple with one child
Year 2004 - a toddler, a tired dad (smiling) and a fat momma (also smiling).
Year 2005 - 2 beautiful children with two happy, tired looking parents and eventually, a few years down the line, we get a Christmas Card of that same family with 5 kids and the parents are still grinning. How is that?

Anyway, making the Christmas Card Fan is cheap, easy, and priceless in it’s own way. The one thing I will never do is MOVE ever again! Because I might lose my Christmas Card Fans and then where would I be?

How do you use your Christmas Cards?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We have a wire Christmas tree that we attach the cards to. Like the fan. I LOVE getting Christmas letters and pictures!!!

Denise said...

i often wonder what happened to the years 1998-2000, but that might be because i was pregnan tnursing, and sleep deprived.

i love christmas cards.

i have a christmas memories book (which i'd be really sad to lose).
i put our cards in there.

Rita said...

I have a scrapbook that is just for Christmas family pictures. I do just a few pages for each year. It's fun to see how the families change over the years!

Rrrrrita

Vessel said...

I love Christmas cards too.
I don't often hold on to them in any organized way.
During the season, I hang ribbon somewhere in the house and then staple them to the ribbon and display them through the new year.

not as creative, but I love pictures of our friends and family. I often say, "Why don't I have these out all year?" Maybe now I can make something and display them.

Robin said...

You are so cute to save your cards. I thoroughly respect it!

I love receiving them (and often the photos that accompany) but being the sentimental pack rat that I am, I needed to draw a line somewhere - so Christmas card go in the recycle bin on Jan. 1st.

I love your idea. Maybe I'll tell my kids about it and THEY can start their own tradition with their family's someday.