Saturday, January 10, 2009

Is Time On My Side?

Mick Jagger coined the phrase, "I've got Time on my side"...sing along now....

My friend recently posted a blog on her New Year's resolution which isn't really a resolution so much as it is a decision. Her resolution has to do with Time.

Another friend posted on her Facebook notes an article entitled, Juggling Life with personal tips explaining how she spins her plates efficiently making the most of her Time.

On the wall of Catey's Room where I slept on vacation was a quote from Maya Angelou:

Time is an invaluable gift
It is wise to cherish it carefully
and give it away generously

Isn't it obvious? How can I not have Time on my mind? I've also had the luxury of being on vacation which affords lots of TIME to think about such things.

1 Corinthians 6:12 reads: Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but I will not be mastered by anything.

2 Corinthians 9:7 reads: So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity, not reluctantly or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver

Psalm 119:37 reads: Turn my eyes away from worthless things...

Do you spend your time in beneficial ways? Do you give your time freely, not under compulsion but cheerfully? Do you spend time wisely or do you find yourself wasteful? Do your choices master you or do you master your choices? Is Time on your side or has it become your enemy?

What does Time mean to you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This last week, time was on my side....but now that you are gone...I am not so sure....

Michelle said...

I believe our time on earth is meant to be the training grounds, if you will, for our time in heaven. Here on earth, we undergo trials and tribulations that serve to teach us divine virtues such as forgiveness, tolerance, compassion; and to nurture and strengthen our spirit. Therefore, I think the concept of time represents those endless opportunities that we have to give love and to grow spiritually. In my view, time is an infinite series of life lessons that are meant to bring us closer to God.
On that note, here is a riddle: “What is the beginning of eternity and the end of time?”
Welcome back, Shirin! Hope you had a safe & fun vacation.

Shirin said...

Michelle - you have a gift for saying much in few words and you reflected my heart perfectly. Thanks for understanding and for being someone who takes the time to grow closer to God and others.