Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Utah Rocks


Can you see the small print? Utah Rocks.

That just about sums up our vacation. Several months ago when we planned this shin-dig I didn't care what we did or where we went. The planning was easy. All I said was YES! What was harder was scrolling through the 600 photos I took, choosing the ones I wanted to use and coming up with a song for this video. Normally, these things come to me. I had Audio Adrenaline's It's My Father's House as my first choice and I tried to make it work.

A big big House with lots and lots of rooms,
A big big table, with lots and lots off food...

After you watch the video you'll agree. Doesn't that look like what we did the whole time? Hang out? Eat! But the song didn't capture what was in my heart.

Bobby McFerrin's Simple Pleasures goes like this:
Simple pleasures are the best
Yes they are
I'm so happy
I'm a happy man
Yes I am
Yes I am
I'm so happy

Great words but I needed something country to go with the hickory and pine and great outdoors. Then I thought of Martina McBride's Just the Way that I Am

Don't need no copy of vogue magazine
Don't need to dress like no
Beauty Queen
High heels or sneakers, he don't
give a damn
My bab(ies) love me just the way that I am

I love being loved just the way that I am and that definitely describes a week with the Yuens, but it lacked depth of feeling.

Randy Travis' Deeper than the Holler and Sweet Bye and Bye by Sara Evans were poor runners-up. 80's dance tunes were an option since we listened to them all week long, but they just didn't have what I was looking for.

Eventually I resorted to pouring over old CD's and was thrilled with an old favorite, loaded with happy memories of a happy season long ago; A nostalgic song, celebratory, worshipful and sentimental that reflects, at least for me, what a great thing it is to have and give love. Isn't Love Profound?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Our love IS profound! Thank you, Jesus for the families you knit with love ties, if not with blood ties! We love you and miss you so much!

Denise said...

i had totally forgotten this song by susan ashton.
i sang it once at svpc years ago. i can hear dan on guitar and harmony (miss him).

"it rescues, it nurtures, it calms, and it heals."

perfect song for your video.