Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Need a Man



I need a man. I know. I chose to live all this distance from my husband’s work place. He likes the mountains and the space. I like the space. I like my very nice house and yard and seasons and.... and.... I need a man.

I need a man because Tucker has a tick. gross. The boys are real troopers when it comes to killing big spiders and disposing of dead squirrels that the cats drag in. They clean up the garbage if the raccoons get wily on us. They manage dead rodents, birds, bats and lizards but I found out today, ticks are NOT part of their removal repertoire. I need a man!

I went on-line once again to see what the protocol is for tick removal. I can’t do it. I just can’t. I’m the mom who cringes when she looks at her little girl’s split finger or the little boy’s gushing with blood chin. I squint my eyes and pray its not gross or that I can tell right away it is ER worthy, quickly cover the wound and rush screaming child and queasy mommy (me) to Urgent Care. Do they have Urgent Care for dog tick removal? Am I a city girl or what!?

I need a man. In two and half years of living here, I haven’t missed my dear hubby that much. I mean, I do. I mean, I married the guy! I mean, I like him, I love him, I said “I do!” You know what I mean, don’t you? I mean, I appreciate the guy. He changes light bulbs and fills up my tank. He also makes me laugh and listens to me whine. It’s just that despite all the love around here, I don’t need him here every single day....unless the DOG has a TICK and I need a MAN!

6 comments:

Echoes in Ink said...

I can't believe your boys won't get the tick for you! Tsk, tsk. How ungentlemanly.

It's probably a good thing that Uncle Joe will be home soon, though :)

Love always,
Catey

Unknown said...

You HAVE a man! TWO! You just need to make them own up to getting that tick off THEIR dog! And what of poor Tucker? Come on, Ev and Zach....you can do it, you stud muffins!

Shirin said...

Jill - Zach wants to know what a stud muffin is.... care to 'splain?

Rita said...

Go ahead, Jill. I'd like to hear the juvenile-ears-worthy definition, also! :-)

Rita

Michelle said...

What an adorable post -- and what a title! ;-) It sure sounds like Zach & Evan are doing a good job of filling in Joe's shoes while he's away. Although I can't say I blame them for not wanting to handle that tick. Poor Tucker.

Stud muffin? Hmmm.... I know that was directed at Jill, but please allow me to give my 2cents. I have a son who is 9, and so this is good practice for me -- when we cross that bridge (hopefully in the distant future). I think I would explain it by taking somewhat of a literal approach: stud [think wall stud] = a male strong in character (i.e. someone who can "carry his cross" and serve others). muffin = a person that is sweet and gentle in nature (i.e. someone who is pleasing in God's eyes). What a great combination -- wouldn't you say? Hmmm...would that work?

Shirin said...

Michelle, I LOVE it! ha ha ha! You, too, are a stud muffinette!