Wednesday, March 24, 2010

For Peep’s Sake

Do you have Spring Fever? Are you feeling like a chicken with her head cut off? Are you ready to break out of the shell you’re in and become the Super Cool Momma Chick you are meant to be?

Then join me as I hatch this little plan.....

Lately, I’ve been hen-pecked by my hard-boiled conscience and the pick-a-little-talk-a-little chick in me is ready to fly the coop. “Fly! Be Free!” I cluck to myself. Since birds of a feather flock together I decided to celebrate finding my wings by hosting one of those “web contests.” The biggest newspapers in the country do it every Easter. Can I steal their chicken lickin’ good idea? Sure! Why not. So here we go.

Imagine it now.

On your dining room table is a box. A shoe box. Craft glue. Scissors. Markers. Paper and maybe some toothpicks. Easter grass. And, oh yes, Peeps. Purple Peeps. Blue Bunny Peeps. Imaginative Peeps to whom you are related.

You’re all brainstorming.

Little Bo-Peep has Lost her Peeps?

A Village Peeple Concert?

Easter Island?

What will your Peep-y theme be?

Post your Peep Diorama and its title on your blog or send me a photo via email by Wednesday, April 7th.

Me and my little peeps will vote on the best entries..... and will send you a free gift!

And if you think I’m not entirely serious, that I’ve gone a little quackers.... check this out!

People take their Peeps seriously, for peep’s sake!

I hope I don’t end up with egg on my face but since “A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked” I’m hoping we’ll have a more than enough entries to choose from! No party peepers out there! Give Peeps a chance!

Rules

- Don’t forget to TITLE your Peep Diorama.

- Please DO NOT ALTER your Peeps considerably. Dress them up, by all means. You can even paint them, just don’t take a blow torch to them, okay?

- We will accept Peep Dioramas from individuals and families. Please LABEL NAME AND AGE of the creators/participants so we can take that into account when judging.

- Use at least 2 individual Peeps marshmallow items in your diorama.

Who wants to play?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE Peep contests!! I can't wait to see pictures of all the dioramas!

Vessel said...

I hate peeps...but I love you so I guess I will try to be creative. I know how creative you are and I am sure all your friends are too. I probably don't stand a chance, but hey..I can just send of pic of me eating or torturing a peep right?
hehe

Michelle said...

(Gasp!) My neighborhood market didn't have Peeps the last time I was there. If I can find some (perhaps Target), I'm in. What a fun idea!

da halls said...

Oh. My. Word. Sounds like fun.
80)
Mary Beth
ps- I came from the Yuenden

Anonymous said...

I also came in from the Yuenden. We cannot wait to see all the pictures of creativity!

And we had so much fun creating our Peeporama; however, I cannot find your e-mail address to share our picture with you.

Robin said...

I posted our photo on my blog.

Jurassic Peeps.

They, unfortunately, did get somewhat altered. *ha*