Thursday, April 8, 2010

Contest Winner: Literature Trumps Winter Sport

The "Early Bird" Gets the Worm... so sorry this is a day late.

We had to hunt and peck for all the family members, finally corraling Daddy rooster to cast the deciding vote. We combed through our entries sharpening our beaks for inspection.

We clucked and crowed about the dioramatic entries for our Peep Contest. After viewing many pictures in which movies and tv shows were represented in aPeeppriate fashion, we finally decided that literature trumps winter sport.

Honorable Mention (pictured here) goes to Winter Olympeeps which gave us much joy and laughter as we all marveled at the Flying Bunny miraculously suspended in air and the all too appropriately named, Half Peep complete with Peeps!


But our winner made is positively “Mad! Mad I say!” Alice in Peepland reached the top of the pecking order with its highly individualized party. So many flock members contributed! So many chicks represented! So much imagination! Alice in Peepland demonstrated some kinda Pluck and it didn’t look Cheep! To see for yourself, click on Alice in Peepland. Fluid, organic, painterly and where in the world did those microscopic peepy tea cups come from!? (One last thing Alice in Peepland Peeple, can I have your address so I can send you your amazing wonderful Peep prize? We don’t know you, but we love you and if we ever meet you, we shall have tea, if you have the time.)

Yoke of the day: While making a Peep Diorama for the Schneider Annual Peep contest, young Jack ate several marshmallow peeps. Concerned over a possible tummy ache, his mother hoping to discourage further indulgences, warned him, “Too many sweets can make you sick.” Jack replied, “Sweets? I thought this is what they meant when they said, “It tastes like chicken”...

Okay. I heard you moan. I’ll stick to blogging.

For your information and edification, we recommend you check out the other Peep diarama entries. They were so much fun and even fowl. What could be more exciting than Iron Chef Peeps? and Jurassic Peeps? (spoiler: the Peeps die)....

I hope you have a good time chicking out the brave eggs that feathered their nests with creativity this Easter Season. Thank you for sharing the fun! I gotta Crow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I KNOW THEM! I KNOW THEM!!!! How fun!!!!!! I love it!!!!! Yay Renee and crew!!!!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo....what fun! What an honor -- thank you Peep Crew! The kids will be so excited when they find out in the morning. Thanks for the inspiration to start a new tradition. The kids are already talking about next year :) Shirin, I deleted my entire inbox last Friday and haven't gotten back to ask for your e-mail again :) Would you mind sending it again -- I'd love to get back to you -- and yes, we should meet someday :) rhoganco@yahoo.com

Denise said...

fun contest. julie's was my favorite. so peepingly funny!

Robin said...

*Grin* That was fun!!