Sunday, April 11, 2010

April Showers

April Showers bring May flowers. What I really want to be doing is gardening. I have my new ladybug flag to keep me company. I did research on cerastium and the silene uniflora I bought yesterday (when it was sunny). I bought a new pot to go with Jillian's geranium she picked out. We should be planting. But it's raining today. I'm cold.

My house looks like this.
Dishes in the sink. Crud on the counter.

Laundry on the couch. Free curriculum still in the box and on the floor though I've looked through it three times. Photo boxes in the hallway for the framing job I was doing earlier. Messy.



Jillian doesn't seem to mind the rain. She is painting rainbows while wearing footsy pajamas. A life lesson is modeled before my eyes.

Here is my ribbon box. On a day like today, when laundry and dishes are staring me in the face and mini-messes are calling my name, what did I choose to do? Make a rainbow of my own.


What's important to you on a rainy day?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What is RAIN??? If you mean SNOW...it is always hot chocolate, home made bagels, and a LOOOOONG movie (Ben Hur, Fiddler on the Roof, Sound of Music)!!!

Shirin said...

Rain comes after snow. Apparently, snow comes after plenty of sun, when we all have had started packing sweaters and boots in boxes to make room in the closet for tank tops and flip flops. We had snow the day after Easter and a BBQ dinner on the patio 2 days after that. Schizophrenic weather. Today, my power went out and it is 40 degrees outside and we are freezing!

Shirin said...

And later that day.... the snow fell....again. Instead of going outside to plant, I ran outside in my parka to cover up my hydrangea with a BOX so it doesn't freeze to death!