Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas According to Zach


When I told Zach he was blogging he got smart-alecky with me.

Zach: Christmas is my favorite holiday. I like it a lot. The End.

(Cute.)

Me: Let’s try again.

Zach: Christmas is better than 4th of July because you have to wait for fireworks.

Christmas is better than Halloween because you have to wait all day to start going trick or treating.

Christmas is better than Thanksgiving because, well... I don’t know about that, stuffing is really good.

Christmas is better than Easter.... well you do have to wait to get the eggs but I think they are equally important because Christ rose that day and Christ was born on Christmas.

Christmas is way better than St. Patrick’s Day because corned beef and cabbage are smelly.

Christmas smells like gingerbread cookie dough and that’s a very good thing.

Christmas is better than most holidays because it starts as soon as you get up in the morning.

I am making a Christmas Morning Schedule because my sister wants a schedule. Dad has been adding stuff to it, too. The thing I like best about the schedule is that my sister is not scheduled to jump all over me and my brother to wake us up until 6:45.

Your birthday makes you feel good because its all about you, but you don’t get to give anything.

Giving is fun because it makes other people happy and I’m disappointed Jillian’s present hasn’t come yet. I want to wrap it and put it under the tree.

Mom: I want to wrap Zach up and keep him 11 forever. Like Jesus, I have been given 3 gifts - Evan, Zachary and Jillian. Like Mary, I am treasuring up all these things and pondering them in my heart. Like the Magi, I am worshiping the King of everything.

Zach (after reading my post) : I want to be 12!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Shirin - I am glad to share in the lives of your three gifts!

Zach - You just haven't had AUNTIE's corned beef and cabbage!!!

Echoes in Ink said...

Aunty: Your family is such a gift to me. Merry Christmas!

Zach: I'm with you. Christmas is the best holiday. And I love your reasoning... except I love corned beef and cabbage :)

Love always,
Catey

karahlv said...

Wow, awesome blog! You guys get to sleep in till almost 7! Poor Jillian, it must be torture having to wait. Here on Simply Country Farm, we get up at around 5:30 to 6:00 (starting to veer towards 6:00) Well, merry Christmas, and Happy 2010 in 6 days.

Michelle said...

Cute and funny! Danielle was looking over my shoulder as I was reading your blog, and we both got a good chuckle. And...I got some insight on Zach -- he's intelligent, witty, and fun-loving. I understand completely why you wish to wrap him up and keep him 11 forever.

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Robin said...

Zach is 11?!! How does that happen so fast?

Love to all of you.